Saturday, January 30, 2016

Considering Genre

Signing Away My Genre-Promiscuity and Marrying the QRG

As a general rule I like to think before I make decisions, but I'm sitting in the library and there is a barefoot homeless man watching me type my blog posts, and I have to pee worse than I ever have in my entire life. So I'm inclined to go with my gut and make a quick decision about what genre I'm going to choose for my first project and try to get out of here as quickly as possible.

Ramsey, Derek. "A White Gold Wedding Ring and a Single-Diamon, Gold-Banded Engagement Ring" 10/02/2004 via Wikimedia Commons. Attribution, Share-Alike License


  1. I am, as of this moment, committing to a quick reference guide for my first project. I think that this genre will be the best and most efficient because a lot of people know about my topic of physician assisted suicide, but very few people know the details about the topic and about the actual controversy itself. I think that this genre will be the easiest to remain unbiased in as well because it is easier to write in an unbiased way than to speak or to perform in front of a camera.
  2. I will be taking advantage of the genre conventions of a quick, and easy to read, "all about" guide to this particular controversy. Because the goal of this project is to investigate thoroughly a controversy, I believe that this genre is the best way to get a lot of information out and to present both sides of the argument.
  3. I'm feeling very confident about my research going into the production phase of this project. I expect that next week my biggest challenge will be remaining unbiased in my writing, as I'm the kind of person who naturally has a very strong opinion about everything. I also anticipate the challenge of just setting aside time to write, as I have a lot going on next week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment