Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Editorial Report 15B


In this post I will be comparing and contrasting my rough cut of the conclusion of my project with the more fine cut. 

Selection from Rough Cut

I went from never revising ever in my life to editing too much, and then learning to find a balance. This taught me how to be confident in my writing. The revision process is really all about learning to be confident in your work and to just put in time to make sure that what you’re doing is actually something that you like.

Overall, I’d say it was a learning year, but I feel like I learned a lot that will be valuable for the rest of my life. 

As I said before, college is all about learning. One of the biggest things you’ll learn in college is how to balance things. In my English 109 class, the biggest thing that I figured how to balance is how to revise but not to over-revise. I figured out how to be confident in my work without going crazy trying to be perfect. I learned how to be objective about my reviewing, and I learned how to take criticism from others.


Re-Edited Selection

My re-edited selection can be found here.


Author Response

  • I found that for the most part I didn't change the content of the closing that I had written in my script. I found that my original content was very effective so I didn't feel that there was really a need to change anything.

  • The form for this part of the project changed because I took it from just writing on a page to podcast format. Obviously this will be more effective for delivering content in the genre of the podcast. I think in the future I would like to add more background music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment