Saturday, February 20, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

Pronouns are an important part of any writing, but if they are not used right, they can certainly make or break a piece of work. If pronouns are unclear then it makes the writing unclear. If they are used too much, then the writing becomes unclear. Basically, if you're using pronouns, you have to be 100% sure that you're using them right, and that's what this blog post is dedicated to.


  1. I think that in my controversy postmortem my pronoun usage is very good. I felt that while looking through the pronouns that I used during my project 1 that all of them were clear and not excessively used. I can tell by how few pronouns that I used that my writing is very concise and clear, especially when it comes to the stakeholders in the controversy.
  2. Throughout my project, I never refer to the audience directly. I chose to leave the audience out of my project because in my opinion and from my experience, a QRG is more of a summary or a breakdown of something that has happened, rather than a call to action or a medium that you would want to involve your audience in. Unlike a persuasive piece, the controversy postmortem is something that explains a controversy, rather than begs the reader to take a side. 

Lavery, John. "Miss Auras" circa 1900 via wikimedia commons. Public domain license.

No comments:

Post a Comment