Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review #1

Dressgate

(you can view the draft by clicking on the title above)

Late in 2014, a woman posted a photo of a dress that she swore was blue and black. Everyone else saw the dress as white and gold. This is the controversy, and Sarah's quick reference guide addresses it. 

Ruiz, Marco. "Beauty Is in the Eye of the Beholder" 02/27/2015 via flickr.  Attribution-Share Alike License

Cons:

  • As a whole, I felt a little bit confused as to what the controversy being focused on was. In the beginning of the article, Sarah introduces the fact that the family was going to start a lawsuit, but near the end of the article, she is giving professional opinions on what the color of the dress is. I would say that this has to be the biggest issue in Sarah's project 1.
  • I also felt like Sarah could have shown us more links in her quick reference guide. As a whole, she had maybe one link, but I felt that it really would have been supplemental to my reading if there had been more links that had helped to explain some of the opinions that were mentioned during the project.

Pros:

  • Sarah's project was entertaining. It was fun to read. I was genuinely interested in what took place. I saw the topic of her title, and I knew that it was the article that I wanted to read. Although my topic is somewhat heavier, I would like to make sure that my article is at lease easy to read, if it can't be as light-hearted and entertaining. 
  • Sarah did a really good job of making her quick reference guide very to the point, and as I made a quick reference guide myself, I feel like I could really learn from her succinctness in explaining the views and the controversy that her topic was about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment