Sunday, February 28, 2016

My Interviewees on Social Media

Social media is an extremely large part of the professional world in this day and age. Everything that goes on social media can be seen by the entire world, so it is extremely important for professionals to keep their professionalism on social media.

I'm going to cyber-stalk both of my interviewees in order to try and learn more about them via social media.

Dr. Bailey

  1. I was able to find Dr. Bailey on Facebook only. 
  2. Dr. Bailey has a very small social media presence. Her profile is set to private, and her profile picture is a picture of a large rock. I would say that Dr. Bailey has set her profile to private in order to keep her image professional. 
  3. I would say that even though Dr. Bailey's social media presence is extremely small, based on what I could see, she seems much more laid back on social media than she does in her professional writing. On Facebook, you can see her interacting with family and friends, where in her writing, she is interacting with colleagues, peers, and other professionals. 

Zifan, Ali. "Facebook Logo" 07/03/2015 via wikimedia commons. Public domain license.


Dr. Wilkes

  1. I was able to find Dr. Wilkes on Facebook only.  
  2. Dr. Wilkes also has an extremely small social media presence. However, as I am friends with her daughter on Facebook, I was able to see a little bit more of her profile than I would've seen had we not had a mutual friend. Like Dr. Bailey, most of Dr. Wilkes' Facebook posts were about family and friends, and she shared very little that was not private. 
  3. Unlike her professional persona, Dr. Wilkes seems much more family-oriented and much more like a normal person on her social media. For example, people wished her happy birthday and she responded in a very warm and friendly manner, unlike in her journal article, which was very professional and impersonal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment