Sunday, April 17, 2016

Peer Review for Joshua Smith

This next peer review will be for someone from section 2 of English 109H. HE has written a standard college essay, and I will do my best to peer review him to make his project better and to give me good ideas for my own public argument.

"Amazing Ideas that Could Make Fracking Greener and Safer" by Joshua Smith

  • For Joshua's project I have made some suggestions about form. 

  • I think I helped Joshua a lot with the form of his project because he seemed to be missing a few of the genre conventions. He was missing a works cited page, but he stated in his blog post that that was missing. He also had a strangely formatted paper however, that didn't really follow MLA or APA guidelines, as far as I know. I gave him suggestions on how he could work in the conventions of a standard format for a college essay rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

  • The genre conventions for the standard college essay were something that we didn't talk about extensively in class, however it was something that could be found in resources for the class. I used these genre conventions of the standard college essay to help Joshua with the form of his essay. 

  • Joshua's paper was written in a very logical way. Everything about it flowed very well and I think that the information and the arguments are all there and all very clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment